Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

The Bible Aloneâ€ÂSola Scriptura†But thats not in the bible

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

Solo, Thank you for your hard hitting points. You must have been a Catholic at one time in your life. So was I, and am so grateful that a Baptist friend of mine led me to Christ. Do you know how Catholic's crucify their flesh. They have a group called Opus Dei and it is not pretty.

Because of love for my Catholic friends I kind of preached a softer message in the past, for which I am sorry. I have decided not to preach them into hell. Keep up the good work of your ministry.

May God bless, Golfjack

Solo said:
You cannot agree because you promote the lies of the roman catholic cult. The catholic catechism is clear concerning those that deny the roman catholic cult and its teachings; those who deny the roman catholic church end up in hell according to you. Look where you put dear Martin Luther, one of the spokesmen of God during the roman catholic murderous years. Before Jesus returns, the roman catholic cult will perform the same murderous actions against believers as it is her father the devil's will.

do you even know what the word cult means?as with most things i would guess you dont.
as a socalled christian dont you need to use facts? but as with most of your doctrines and beliefs its ok not to be accurate since you make up what you want

biblecatholic said:
Solo said:
You cannot agree because you promote the lies of the roman catholic cult. The catholic catechism is clear concerning those that deny the roman catholic cult and its teachings; those who deny the roman catholic church end up in hell according to you. Look where you put dear Martin Luther, one of the spokesmen of God during the roman catholic murderous years. Before Jesus returns, the roman catholic cult will perform the same murderous actions against believers as it is her father the devil's will.
this is false.
during the reformation thousands of catholics were killed by protestants, you guys even killed eachother for a while. people kill
by your logic it would blame all baptist for racism killing of blacks, jews and catholics because most kkk members are baptist. this is not true just cause some bad people use your doctrine. i guess you also blame Jesus for judas.
you need to stop sinning with your lies(mister i dont sin)
You do not even know what the Catechism of the roman catholic cult teaches.

Let me share with you from the Baltimore Catechism concerning the roman catholic lie that one must be a member of the roman catholic cult or not know of the roman catholic cult in order to be saved:
  • 166. Are all obliged to belong to the Catholic Church in order to be saved?
    All are obliged to belong to the Catholic Church in order to be saved.
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6)

167. What do we mean when we say, "Outside the Church there is no salvation?"
    When we say, "Outside the Church there is no salvation," we mean that Christ made the Catholic Church a necessary means of salvation and commanded all to enter it, so that a person must be connected with the Church in some way to be saved.

168. How can persons who are not members of the Catholic Church be saved?
    Persons who are not members of the Catholic Church can be saved if, through no fault of their own, they do not know that the Catholic Church is the true Church, but they love God and try to do His will, for in this way they are connected with the Church by desire.
None of this garbage is truth, and none of this false teaching is in the Scriptures! The roman catholic cult is responsible for sending multiple millions upon millions to hell from its false teachings! May those who teach this false gospel be accursed.

Solo said:

Let me share with you from the Baltimore Catechism concerning the roman catholic lie that one must be a member of the roman catholic cult or not know of the roman catholic cult in order to be saved:
    Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father but through me." (John 14:6)

When we say, "Outside the Church there is no salvation," we mean that Christ made the Catholic Church a necessary means of salvation and commanded all to enter it, so that a person must be connected with the Church in some way to be saved.

Persons who are not members of the Catholic Church can be saved if, through no fault of their own, they do not know that the Catholic Church is the true Church, but they love God and try to do His will, for in this way they are connected with the Church by desire.
None of this garbage is truth, and none of this false teaching is in the Scriptures! The roman catholic cult is responsible for sending multiple millions upon millions to hell from its false teachings! May those who teach this false gospel be accursed.

:o :o :o

Solo said:

thats all truth buddy, you lead people to hell because you make yourself a prophet, because of the fleshly desires that you are full of especially when no one is around, this is what has hardened your heart

golfjack Opus Dei is an awesome part of the Church as the name indicated it's Gods Work

biblecatholic said:
Solo said:
do you even know what the word cult means?as with most things i would guess you dont.
as a socalled christian dont you need to use facts? but as with most of your doctrines and beliefs its ok not to be accurate since you make up what you want
Since you belong to a cult, you must not know what a cult is. Let me share with you the best definition of a cult that I have found. The following definition of a cult defines the roman catholic cult to the last jot and tittle! You will do yourself a favor and escape the brainwashing of the roman catholic cult before it is too late.
  • ........................................................What is a CULT?

If you look up "CULT" in the dictionary, you will find a very broad definition of the word which could apply to almost any group of people that worship any person or image or even anyone that follows Jesus. The dictionary definition is not specific as to what a cult really is. We all know that man wrote the dictionary with head knowledge, but the word of God is inspired by the Spirit of God and is our only absolute truth.

A cult according to the Word of God is any group of people that worship anything or anyone other than Jesus Christ, and believe anything contrary to His Word as found in the Bible.

With that in mind, we must believe that anyone, who claims to know or preach that there is any other way to reach, or know God other than the Lord Jesus Christ is "THE ANTICHRIST". Because this is what Jesus has told us in His word. I John 4:2-3 If we choose to believe anything else, we have been deceived. That is why God has given us His Word so that we may know the Truth, and that the Truth will make us free from the deception of Satan. John 8:32 The Bible Says that the Word of God is the Sword of the Spirit. Ephesians 6:17 What do you do with a sword? You fight with it, it is a weapon. Every time Jesus was confronted by Satan He used the Word of God to defend Himself. Matthew 4:1-11, Luke 4:1-13 We are not fighting a war of flesh and blood, but a spiritual war. We are not fighting the man, but the spirit behind the man. We are not to hate the person but the spirit behind the person, for that is who our true enemy is. Ephesians 6:12 People are deceived into doing what they do. That is why we must always use the Word of God to defend ourselves, that we might bring them to know the Truth of Jesus Christ and deliver them from Satan's deception. That is our true calling to bring in the harvest in these end times.

Read the entire article at http://www.eaec.org/cults.htm
May God bless you and give you understanding and wisdom to escape the lies of the devil.

StoveBolts said:
solo,

Please define "Catholic" for the good people of this forum.

Good day.
The original use of the word "catholic" means universal, and the body of Christ is universal, however, the subtlety of satan has incorporated the word catholic with roman paganism to bring his world religion into being as the roman catholic cult. Satan's battle plan from the first century on has been, If you can't beat 'em, join 'em; and he has.

biblecatholic said:
Solo said:

thats all truth buddy, you lead people to hell because you make yourself a prophet, because of the fleshly desires that you are full of especially when no one is around, this is what has hardened your heart

golfjack Opus Dei is an awesome part of the Church as the name indicated it's Gods Work
And the point that the roman catholic cult teaches that unless one is a member of the roman catholic church, they will not be saved but go to hell? You said that that was a lie. I have given you the catechism that shows that I have spoken the truth and you have lied. All you can do is attack the messenger as most roman catholics do. May God have mercy on your soul before you make the mistake of going into the priesthood.

Solo said:
The original use of the word "catholic" means universal, and the body of Christ is universal, however, the subtlety of satan has incorporated the word catholic with roman paganism to bring his world religion into being as the roman catholic cult. Satan's battle plan from the first century on has been, If you can't beat 'em, join 'em; and he has.
This is very interesting solo.

The Baltimore Catechism was put together in 1885 (shortly after the Restoration movement aka Church of Christ etc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoration_movement )

Ironically, the Baltimore Catechism was based off of Cardinal Bellarmine's Catechism which was comprised around 1597. Take a guess what happened shortly before this catechism was written? How about Martin Luther and John Calvin?

Interesting how the church always responds to a crisis. (kind of like the OT)

That being said, the Church is Universal in that anyone can receive Christ, and it (the Church) is a living, breathing body of believers. History shows, and is documented in our OT and NT that God reveals himself which can be seen through history. Thus, through the truest sense of the word, only those who belong to the true Catholic Church will be saved and their fruits will be shown through true Orthodoxy.

Now, the question becomes (in regard to the Baltimore Catechism), how do they (Rome) define “Catholic†and did it mean “Roman†catholic as your suggesting? Perhaps one of our good Catholic Brothers can answer this?

Peace.

Solo said:
Persons who are not members of the Catholic Church can be saved if, through no fault of their own, they do not know that the Catholic Church is the true Church, but they love God and try to do His will, for in this way they are connected with the Church by desire. .
i guess you didnt read even what you posted. the only way a christian can go to hell for not knowing the fullness of christianity by being catholic, is if you knew it was the truth and still didnt come home because you didnt want to go through losing friends or other termoil satan causes for the Chruch

you also cant isolate passages and say here is the entirety of the belief. you leave much out as you do with scripture and say this is what "i" think it says.

If I may, how does Ephesians 2:8-9 fit into the plan RCC plan of salvation?

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

The passage clearly indicates salvation is a gift from God.

Vic C. said:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Vic, your beating a dead horse...as you will see.

Yes, I know, but it begged to be asked.

deadhorse.gif

:-D

Vic C. said:

vic,
we believe we are saved by grace(undeserved gift) alone.

the 2 verses have to be taxen into context with the other verses to get the picture of what is meant.
first what does Jesus say to be saved
matt 19:17 Why do you ask me about what is good?" Jesus replied. "There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, obey the commandments."
matt 7:21 Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

we must remain in Jesus and we do this by 1 jn 3:19-24 This then is how we know that we belong to the truth, and how we set our hearts at rest in his presence 20whenever our hearts condemn us. For God is greater than our hearts, and he knows everything.

21Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God 22and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him. 23And this is his command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded us. 24Those who obey his commands live in him, and he in them. And this is how we know that he lives in us: We know it by the Spirit he gave us.

here are some other verses
gal 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

1 pet 1:9 for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls...........
not past tense

mat 10:22 All men will hate you because of me, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

romans 13:11 And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed.

mt 24:13 but he who stands firm to the end will be saved.

james 2:20 You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without works is dead

i hope these help you know why we interpret scrriptures the way we do

Re: reply

golfjack said:
Solo, Thank you for your hard hitting points. You must have been a Catholic at one time in your life. So was I, and am so grateful that a Baptist friend of mine led me to Christ. Do you know how Catholic's crucify their flesh. They have a group called Opus Dei and it is not pretty.

Watching too many movies, I see...

We crucify the flesh of our desires by fasting, almsgiving, and simplifying our lives. This is not easy in this society. People look at me funny when I don't eat lunch on Tuesdays because I am "crucifying the flesh". I tell them it is like running a mile spiritually.

By the way, Christ was present in the Church. It is too bad you weren't paying attention when they told us He is in the Eucharist.

Regards

Jack, Some people really believe they
''Gotta keep up those good works and religiosity to shorten the stay in purgatory...''
It is hard to believe, but some people believe it... :o

StoveBolts said:
This is very interesting solo.

The Baltimore Catechism was put together in 1885 (shortly after the Restoration movement aka Church of Christ etc http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Restoration_movement )

Ironically, the Baltimore Catechism was based off of Cardinal Bellarmine's Catechism which was comprised around 1597. Take a guess what happened shortly before this catechism was written? How about Martin Luther and John Calvin?

Interesting how the church always responds to a crisis. (kind of like the OT)

That being said, the Church is Universal in that anyone can receive Christ, and it (the Church) is a living, breathing body of believers. History shows, and is documented in our OT and NT that God reveals himself which can be seen through history. Thus, through the truest sense of the word, only those who belong to the true Catholic Church will be saved and their fruits will be shown through true Orthodoxy.

Now, the question becomes (in regard to the Baltimore Catechism), how do they (Rome) define “Catholic†and did it mean “Roman†catholic as your suggesting? Perhaps one of our good Catholic Brothers can answer this?

Peace.
Let us let the Baltimore Catechism explain how The Catholic Church is defined in their teachings. We will look at items 136 through 149 in Lesson 11 in Part I - The Creed, Revised Edition of the BALTIMORE CATECHISM No. 2 Confraternity of Christian Doctrine 1941.

Note: According to the Roman Catholic teachings, the only changes that have been made in the Roman Catholic "Church", since the Baltimore Catechism was written, are those areas of discipline. No changes have been made in the area of doctrine and morality. the same Faith that was believed when the Baltimore Catechism was written, is the same Faith that is believed today.

Let us look at The Catholic Church as defined by the Roman Catholic Baltimore Catechism:
  • LESSON 11 -- The Catholic Church"I believe in ... the Holy Catholic Church ..."

136. What is the Church?
    The Church is the congregation of all baptized persons united in the same true faith, the same sacrifice, and the same sacraments, under the authority of the Sovereign Pontiff and the bishops in communion with him.
    The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. (Matthew 13:24)
Notice that "The Church" is the congregation of all baptized persons in the same true faith, the same sacrifice, and the same sacraments, under the authority of the Sovereign Pontiff and the bishops in communion with him. This describes "The Church" as the Roman Catholic Cult under the authority of the POPE and Bishops instead of under the authority of JESUS CHRIST, the WORD OF GOD.

In the next few doctrinal pronouncements of the Roman Catholic Cult designate the lie that the authority of the papacy is in direct relation to a false teaching that Peter is the HEAD of the Church. Notice that the Roman Catholic Cult needs authority to exist as it does not have the Holy Spirit guiding it; therefore, it teaches the lie that Jesus Christ made Peter the rock on which "The Church" would be built, and passed onto the pontiffs since even though the line of popes cannot be found nor kept by the same roman catholic cult that proclaims them as the authority of "The Church". Read the Confusion of the Pope.
  • 137. Who founded the Church?
    Jesus Christ founded the Church.
    And I say to thee, thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (Matthew 16:18)

138. Why did Jesus Christ found the Church?
    Jesus Christ founded the Church to bring all men to eternal salvation.
    My sheep hear my voice, and I know them and they follow me. And I give them everlasting life; and they shall never perish, neither shall anyone snatch them out of my hand. (John 10:27-28)
Now we find an interesting subtle lie of the roman catholic cult. Notice that "The Church" is enabled by the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, who gives IT life. Instead of the believer having the indwelling of the Holy Spirit as the Scriptures teach, the roman catholic cult teaches another lie. Also notice that the false teachings of the roman catholic cult designates in 143, 144, and 145 that "The Church" through the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, gives "The Church the ability to "RULE OVER the faithful members in the name of Christ. Cultic rule!!!
  • 139. How is the Church enabled to lead men to salvation?
    The Church is enabled to lead men to salvation by the indwelling of the Holy Ghost, who gives it life.

140. When was the dwelling of the Holy Ghost in the Church first visibly manifested?
    The dwelling of the Holy Ghost in the Church was first visibly manifested on Pentecost Sunday, when He came down upon the apostles in the form of tongues of fire.
    And when the days of Pentecost were drawing to a close, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven, as of a violent wind blowing, and it filled the whole house where they were sitting. And there appeared to them parted tongues as of fire, which settled upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost and began to speak in foreign tongues, even as the Holy Ghost prompted them to speak. (Acts 2:1-4)

141. How long will the Holy Ghost dwell in the Church?
    The Holy Ghost will dwell in the Church until the end of time.
    And I will ask the Father and he will give you another Advocate to dwell with you forever, the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. (John 14:16)

142. Who sent the Holy Ghost to dwell in the Church?
    God the Father and God the Son sent the Holy Ghost to dwell in the Church.

143. What does the indwelling of the Holy Ghost enable the Church to do?
    The indwelling of the Holy Ghost enables the Church to teach, to sanctify, and to rule the faithful in the name of Christ.
    But when he, the Spirit of truth, has come, he will teach you all the truth. For he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he will hear he will speak, and the things that are to come he will declare to you. (John 16:13)

144. What is meant by teaching, sanctifying, and ruling in the name of Christ?
    By teaching, sanctifying, and ruling in the name of Christ is meant that the Church always does the will of its Divine Founder, who remains forever its invisible Head.

145. To whom did Christ give the power to teach, to sanctify, and to rule the members of His Church?
    Christ gave the power to teach, to sanctify, and to rule the members of His Church to the apostles, the first bishops of the Church.
    He who hears you, hears me; and he who rejects you rejects me; and he who rejects me, rejects him who sent me. (Luke 10:16)
The remaining four catechism teachings impart the impression that the RULE OVER THE LAITY was passed on from Peter to each pope in succession. Notice that 148 defines "The Church" in the most Clearest Fashion. THE POWER power should be passed down to PETER'S successor, the POPE, THE BISHOP OF ROME, WHO IS THE VICAR OF CHRIST ON EARTH AND THE VISIBLE HEAD OF "THE CHURCH"!
  • 146. Did Christ intend that this power should be exercised by the apostles alone?
    No, Christ intended that this power should be exercised also by their successors, the bishops of the Church.
    And they prayed and said, "Thou, Lord, who knowest the hearts of all, show which of these two thou has chosen to take the place in this ministry and apostleship from which Judas fell away to go to his own place." (Acts 1:24-25)

147. Did Christ give special power in His Church to any one of the apostles?
    Christ gave special power in His Church to Saint Peter by making him the head of the apostles and the chief teacher and ruler of the entire Church.
    But Peter, standing up with the Eleven, lifted up his voice and spoke out to them. (Acts 2:14)

148. Did Christ intend that the special power of chief teacher and ruler of the entire Church should be exercised by Saint Peter alone?
    Christ did not intend that the special power of chief teacher and ruler of the entire Church should be exercised by Saint Peter alone, but intended that this power should be passed down to his successor, the Pope, the Bishop of Rome, who is the Vicar of Christ on earth and the visible head of the Church.

149. Who assist the bishops in the care of souls?
    The priests, especially parish priests, assist the bishops in the care of souls.
    And when they had appointed presbyters for them in each church, with prayer and fasting, they commended them to the Lord in whom they had believed. (Acts 14:22)

The roman catholic cult covets power, and if Peter were here today, he would condemn this purveyor of false doctrines, and Paul would pronounce it accursed. Any questions?

francisdesales said:
Very clever. I have done this for awhile, and see exactly what you are doing...

First, you get beat up on a thread intellectually.

Rather than admit it, you immediately go to name-calling.

When I don't take the bait, you resort to trying to change the subject. This thread is about Sola Scriptura and you made one lame try to refute the Deuterocanonicals. Now, you attack something that has nothing to do with Sola Scriptura.

And finally, you add a big fat worm to the hook by your demon-inspired post to try to goad me to respond, totally forgetting your lack of a concrete defense of one of your biggest presumptions - Sola Scriptura!

If you want to talk about "no one saved outside the Catholic Church" (which is an incorrect statement), post another thread. I'll answer it there, if I feel like it.

Until then, give me some evidence on why the Deuterocanonicals are not Scripture OR prove that Sola Scriptura is in the Bible. If you can't do that, then you should reconsider not coming to these threads, since you are doing poorly in defending your keynote belief.

Regards
The Roman Catholic Cult added the Deuterocanonical Books to their Scripture in 1546 AD.

Back