Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Titanic tourist submersible goes missing

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I truly believe there are other things I could do with $250,000, than risk my life trying to see the Titanic when the track record for that thing actually getting there is abysmal to begin with.

Tragic, but I don't get the decision to go here unless one has way too much money on his hands and has gotten so bored with life that he can't think of anything else to do. Reminds me of that couple that were so fascinated with going on that supersonic jet, and then when they finally got the chance to it crashed.

I truly believe there are other things I could do with $250,000, than risk my life trying to see the Titanic when the track record for that thing actually getting there is abysmal to begin with.

Tragic, but I don't get the decision to go here unless one has way too much money on his hands and has gotten so bored with life that he can't think of anything else to do. Reminds me of that couple that were so fascinated with going on that supersonic jet, and then when they finally got the chance to it crashed.
You know, I think we're going to see more of this in the news in the future. But instead of a tragedy in the deepest parts of the ocean, it will be a tragedy in space. That's the next big thing for billionaires, private space travel.

You know, I think we're going to see more of this in the news in the future. But instead of a tragedy in the deepest parts of the ocean, it will be a tragedy in space. That's the next big thing for billionaires, private space travel.

I'd stay home, and watch The Titanic, and then Top Gun, and then Star Wars in succession, and consider myself thoroughly entertained.

Poverty has its advantages.

cat_3D_glasses.jpg

Plenty have died in cars lots more .

Early aviation has lots of deaths.

100 pilots died training in my county for war .

Wpb airport originally named for a female pilot ( Morrisson field ) she died .my uncle in law a ww2 ace died teaching pilots to fly at Patrick AFB .

All the company's dirty laundry is starting to come out.

"At the meeting Lochridge discovered why he had been denied access to the viewport information from the Engineering department—the viewport at the forward of the submersible was only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although OceanGate intended to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters. Lochridge learned that the viewport manufacturer would only certify to a depth of 1,300 meters due to experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate, which was out of the Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (“PVHO”) standards. OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters."

"At the meeting Lochridge discovered why he had been denied access to the viewport information from the Engineering department—the viewport at the forward of the submersible was only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although OceanGate intended to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters. Lochridge learned that the viewport manufacturer would only certify to a depth of 1,300 meters due to experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate, which was out of the Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (“PVHO”) standards. OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters."

What sort of a Bonehead would risk people's lives by taking them to 4,000 meters when his "vessel" was only certified for 1,300?

They should build another one and put him in it, and make him search for the rest of his life for the one that just sank. Show him all the parts are straight from Camping World and according to specs, and the controller is fully charged, so "Away you go!"

I wonder if you have to sign a waver that you cannot sue him for using parts from Camping World.

Or if the battery to his gaming controller goes out.
The people, that boarded the vessel had to sign a waiver. But given the dirty laundry that's coming out, I suspect there will be lawsuits.

What sort of a Bonehead would risk people's lives by taking them to 4,000 meters when his "vessel" was only certified for 1,300?

They should build another one and put him in it, and make him search for the rest of his life for the one that just sank. Show him all the parts are straight from Camping World and according to specs, and the controller is fully charged, so "Away you go!"
Greed, homie. He was charging 250k per person. For five people that's $1,250,000.

And the founder of the company was onboard. So if it imploded, he's gone, too. Seems like he didn't care about his own safety either.

Last edited:
Greed, homie. He was charging 250k per person. For five people that's $1,250,000.

And the founder of the company was onboard. So if it imploded, he's gone, too. Seems like he didn't care about his own safety either.

Ok, well then I suppose that eliminates the problem. I thought he was in a ship on the surface...

Makes him even more of a digbat, though. :shame

I'm so happy I don't trust Things !
Murphy's Law.

I think it was to prove that it was safe.

If the submersible did implode it was a very quick, instantaneous, painless death for all aboard.

Just saw a headline on Newsmax that says the Canadians heard some underwater noises in the area.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back