Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Titanic tourist submersible goes missing

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I just heard they are sending a RV down today to try to locate the sub.
Who's driving, Steven Spielberg?
sb-hero.jpg

I don't judge either.
They have the money to do anything they want, and they have, and so they go after the next thrill because there's nothing left to satisfy. I'd prolly do the same if I was them.
Oh yeah.
If You were Them, you would do exactly the same thing!

Oh yeah.
If You were Them, you would do exactly the same thing!

Not me. Too risky in my personal opinion. Especially since the vessel has already had past issues. Electrical damage, and also had to be rebuilt to withstand the deep ocean.

It was a late launch because it had to be completely rebuilt after tests showed signs of cyclic fatigue.

The other thing is why would I want to go through all that in a tiny vessel with 5 people in confined space when someone farts or takes a dump there is no where to run, and when I cannot even see the titanic with my own eyes, its only on a screen, I would rather just watch it on TV in the comfort of safety. I don't see the point.

Get a unmanned vessel to go down and take the same recording everyone would see who goes down anyhow from the inside. It just seems ridiculous and not logical to me why they do it. 250k for nothing but risk.

Last edited:
So in the race for space and aviation mastery ,that's different ?

I highly doubt these astronauts ,Amelia Earhart etc were rich

I think 🤔 her family was well to do. But that was an exciting time with real new discoveries and developments. This? This honestly sounds like some people with too too much money 💵 seeking a thrill maybe 🤔 some publicity.,.

As a respect thing the Titanic should have just been left alone and the area never been disturbed to start with. Should have just let it RIP. Its basically a mass graveyard. But humans just have to explore and be nosey. I mean family members who go the area that would be understandable. No need for anyone else.

Last edited:
I think 🤔 her family was well to do. But that was an exciting time with real new discoveries and developments. This? This honestly sounds like some people with too too much money 💵 seeking a thrill maybe 🤔 some publicity.,.
Earhart was an adulterer.her account is local. Very local .I pass the house often she lived in and cheated with the son in law of Edwin binney.

Some people are risk takers and .well if they didn't .no space ,no internet ,no new world .perfect ? No

My fil died from firefighting.his lung collapsed in 1977 .he dies from COPD a condition directly caused by the lack of breathing machinery .

Yet he saved lives at his own risk .he would have been perfectly safe never fighting fires.

Yet many would have died if men didn't risk.

Imagine your lineman choosing to avoid fixing your power.i can post stories of poles falling and killing them. Videos of xfmfrs burning up and killing them .

The Titanic wreck was discovered in 1985 and has been studied extensively since then. What is there to discover? This was more of a joyride to the bottom of the ocean.
The moon was studied well before we went and could have been just like mars.

Yet apollo 2 crew died completely , Apollo 13 close call .

Challenger explosion and Columbia .yet I can post that we didn't need to send people up to explore space .

There is much we don't know about the ocean. Or should it only be military missions.and NASA is a quasi military operation as most astronauts are navy or air force pilots

Jacque Cousteau got diving going deeper .scuba was his thing.

See where I'm going ?

The lunar surface wasn't mapped by man directly but by probes and telescopes .

Curiousity got us to send probes to see what mars ,venus were.

I grew up wondering about the hms titanic and it's discovery subs were morred not far from where I live and my dad is buried.

Robert Ballard was paid by the navy but was allowed to use harbor branch subs to find the titanic when he was experimenting with the sonar we now take for granted
I remember the first images and the amazing things it taught us about how it went down .

Last edited:
The moon was studied well before we went and could have been just like mars.

Yet apollo 2 crew died completely , Apollo 13 close call .

Challenger explosion and Columbia .yet I can post that we didn't need to send people up to explore space .

There is much we don't know about the ocean. Or should it only be military missions.and NASA is a quasi military operation as most astronauts are navy or air force pilots

Jacque Cousteau got diving going deeper .scuba was his thing.

See where I'm going ?

The lunar surface wasn't mapped by man directly but by probes and
Yeah, I get it. But this wasn't about exploration. It was billionaires paying for a private tour of Titanic.

Yeah, I get it. But this wasn't about exploration. It was billionaires paying for a private tour of Titanic.
And we have that history of racing

Enjoy that fast car with safety ?

Racing .that goes back to the earliest .best speeds weren't gas at all but electric and steam .

Private persons and my wife watched a man get decapitated while racing .

No cages ,no fire supression then .it was simply build the car and hop in drive .

My fil ,was sponsored and raced.in fact the Indy 500 was started by Glenn Curtis of Curtis aviation fame. The towns of Miramar and Hialeah are his handy work .

Of course he wasn't alone but he helped,Evinrude started in Miami .my point here is that sometimes it's just because I want to that it happens .

I sense the call of risk .I loved my fil and saw his soul die in that photo of when he couldn't rush in to save lives.he was so nuts his fire chief ,whom he called a coward was scared by him as he would rush in and not think of his life .

You probably wouldn't risk a life to explore ruins .I would .I have old navy barracks to photo that still stands it's buried but it's there .

I have a piece of a fire place I took from a pre ww2 house .

Proverbs 30:7 kjv
7. Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:
8. Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:
9. Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the LORD? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

Two situations in life that are bad:

Poverty that we take to live rather than be involved with God.

Rich that we are so busy we have no time for God.

Before the Holy Spirit?

Paul said I have learned how to be content in whatever my……,,
Philippians 4:12 kjv
12. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

We sometimes look at people different from ourselves as wrong and not see our faults.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back