Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Titanic tourist submersible goes missing

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
The carbon fibre hull itself was not certified at all. The hatch on the front that includes the window, was only certified to 1,300 meters by the manufacturer. Titanic is at 4,000 meters below the surface.

It was pure negligence fueled by greed and stupidity.

I guess it was just a failed experiment. Definitely smells like a combination of negligence and stupidity.

Its understandable some people enjoy high level risk and dangerous adventures but anything at that level of high risk you have to be 100%, like your not just going pack a picnic and climb Everest or build a plane and just fly into space that's just dumb, same goes going 4000 meters under water with that amount of pressure. Your vessel has to be 100% capable. The vessel had heaps of past issues. I don't think it was safe.

My condolences to the family and friends through this hard time.

Last edited:
In search of thrills people today will risk it all. A “bucket list” is a necessity now days and it consists of thrills. When they stand before God, He not going to ask if they accomplished a single item on their bucket list. That’s not even in the category of “wood, hay and stubble” which are good works we did but not what He requested of us.

Well, this is just the height of negligence. Imagine you begin to hear cracking sounds before the vessel implodes. To be clear, wheb carbon fiber begins to crack, it eventually shatters. Even a hairline crack is enough for that enormous pressure to rip a vessel open. This CEO was an idiot.

It was obviously a backyard build labeled a experiement. I mean no builder or engineer in my opinion would sign that vessel off under there name for legal and insurance reasons if they wise.

People were charged 250k for a unsafe adventure experiment that had past issues and now failed again, this time a complete fail. Trying to run it like a business by charging people for a completely unsafe thrill seeking adventure but using signed agreements as a way out of liability. That's crooked.

Last edited:
It was obviously a backyard build labeled a experiement. I mean no builder or engineer in my opinion would sign that vessel off under there name for legal and insurance reasons if they wise.

People were charged 250k for a unsafe adventure experiment that had past issues and now failed again, this time a complete fail. Trying to run it like a business by charging people for a completely unsafe thrill seeking adventure but using signed agreements as a way out of liability. That's crooked.
It needs to be regulated. I think it will be after this disaster.

It needs to be regulated. I think it will be after this disaster.

Something at that risk level should definitely need approval and be regulated. I'm all for freedom and achieving and learning and growing but you have to be sure every safety procedure and everything is capable to the best of all ability first and has been checked and tested and signed off by those most experienced in a field.

This guy got what was coming to him. Shame he took other people with him to the grave.

oceangate-ceo-stockton-rush-email-exchange-with-submersible-v0-g5g9f3i69v7b1.jpg

It just seems like it was too hard and fast and progressive to achieve something. It had done a couple missions and had problems.

Billionaires have the money and investment and resources to build and grow and achieve things like this, but good things take time, you cant just rush ahead and go half pie offering people a service for cash when it's not even safe it was still at high risk level.

People can try build a vessel and drop down to 15000ft if it can make it over and over thats a start, and have to do many tests and figure out all the math and physics and analise the data through physicists and engineers and work together and try get it done up to capability with low risk for humans to do it. And with technology as well these days takes away more human risk.. No need to rush and be half pie. Safety is number 1 when it comes to tests and trials and experiments.

Last edited:
In all this,I wonder if we miss the design of the great fish that took Jonah to the bottom seabed and brought him back. God, the master designer, has the knowledge and wisdom to direct us. The people Jonah was supposed to preach to were the driving force of the whole story.

Jonah did go preach. Missed learning some things though.

I hope we are thankful we see Jesus go to the grave and be raised from the dead. May this send us on a path that saves spiritual lives.

The gourd vine that shaded Jonah died. I hope the vine that we use to shade us is removed, and we see the instruction we need.

Mississippi redneck
eddif

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back