Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Who in the world falls for this?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It’s…rough life in 21st century USA 🇺🇸. I’m not trying to sound condescending. I was close to a Pentecostal trump supporter and…
I dunno 🤷‍♂️ the whole world 🌎 seems to be turning more authoritarian and it’s extreme in some segments of our society here in America 🇺🇸. Factor in hot button social issues and economic problems that democrats have not helped nearly enough if at all…Clinton actually did a lot of this neoliberal nonsense himself…

Trump’s appeal still scares me 😱 but I think 🤔 I understand a bit more than I did previously…

No one who loves freedom and liberty should ever want anything from there government. Government was always suppose to be small and serve the people.

The many crying to the governement to be there saviour and the elites are loving it, more power and control to them.

What do people want and expect?. A handful of greedy gluttonous self centered grubs they dont even know somehow care so much about them?.

Just a basic example, while there was serious issues going on the country at that time all the politicians just like to have a joke and laugh with one another at the tax payers expense. There was obviously nothing more serious in the country to worry about than just having jokes who got the best come back. Its like they think they Eminem or something.

Hi King Dan of Great the 1st
No one who loves freedom and liberty should ever want anything from there government. Government was always suppose to be small and serve the people.

The many crying to the governement to be there saviour and the elites are loving it, more power and control to them.

What do people want and expect?. A handful of greedy gluttonous self centered grubs they dont even know somehow care so much about them?.

For the record, and I don't really know whether or not I 'love' freedom or not, I don't share your understanding of 'what' any governing of a people group should be like. To say that no one should ever want anything from their government, is a pretty broad and quite unlikely position.

Fortunately, I don't suffer the distrust of the government over me, as you seem to. It's kind of like church. There are no perfect churches because they are made up of imperfect sinners. Similarly, there are no perfect governments, because they are made up of imperfect people.

God bless,
Ted

Goofy 'God's Army' convoy on Texas border shows Trump's MAGA movement is just one long con

God's Army convoy riders came, in underwhelming numbers, and accomplished little beyond showing everyone how tragically gullible they are. That's MAGA in a nutshell: loud and, in the end, impotent.

It’s time for non-brainwashed Americans and the media at large to accept something: former President Donald Trump’s “MAGA movement” is a tissue-paper tiger.

This was on vivid display in Texas over the weekend. A much-ballyhooed convoy of MAGA patriots descended on a town near the southern border, ostensibly ready to protect America from what right-wing politicians like Gov. Greg Abbott cynically, dangerously and falsely call “an invasion.”

The “God’s Army” convoy was supposed to be a mighty force of 700,000 or more people from every corner of America. It wound up being maybe a couple hundred vehicles parked at a rural ranch in Quemado, Texas – basically a Trump rally without a Trump, but with plenty of hucksters selling MAGA merch and grifting the easily grifted.

MAGA was promised a Texas border 'invasion,' but it wasn't there​

Some actually visited the border in nearby Eagle Pass, Texas, and were surprised to not witness the invasion they had been promised.

Convoy-goer Misty Gregory told CNN: “It’s not what I expected, but then again I don’t know what I expected. I can tell you it’s not as bad as what I thought, so that’s kind of eye opening in itself.”

Abbott and about a dozen other pro-razor-wire GOP governors were in Eagle Pass on Sunday, hollering and whatnot. Some residents said the recent invasion of Trump supporters from the convoy had been downright scary.

“We are constantly being told that we’re being invaded, and that never felt true until today, when the convoy came to town in anticipation of the Governors’ event,” Jessie F. Fuentes of Eagle Pass told WOAI Channel 4. “This is political theater by outsiders. The reality is that it has brought dangerous, violent groups into our beautiful, peaceful city. Eagle Pass is safer than most cities in America if you look at crime statistics. This is just a fact. We don’t appreciate these staged events that dramatically misrepresent our reality on the border and that invite extremist groups that pose a real danger to people in our community.”

Hi Uncle J

Yes and one of the reports that I read of some things said by one of the participants, said that they were quite surprised to find that it wasn't really at all like it was being portrayed in the media.

We see one group, fairly large, of people crossing and that becomes what we believe is happening every moment all day long. It isn't. The other problem is that the news shows a crowd of people crossing over, but it doesn't then show what is done with them once they are picked up and taken to service centers.

People see these news stories and think that thousands of people are flooding our border... and then getting to stay here. That just isn't the truth of what's going on at the border. We are catching most of the crossers, taking id information from them and then sending them back across the border. Of this supposed 2 million people who are overrunning our border, the vast, vast majority of them are just turned right back. But nobody ever tells us that.

God bless.
Ted

Yes and one of the reports that I read of some things said by one of the participants, said that they were quite surprised to find that it wasn't really at all like it was being portrayed in the media.

We see one group, fairly large, of people crossing and that becomes what we believe is happening every moment all day long. It isn't. The other problem is that the news shows a crowd of people crossing over, but it doesn't then show what is done with them once they are picked up and taken to service centers.

People see these news stories and think that thousands of people are flooding our border... and then getting to stay here. That just isn't the truth of what's going on at the border. We are catching most of the crossers, taking id information from them and then sending them back across the border. Of this supposed 2 million people who are overrunning our border, the vast, vast majority of them are just turned right back. But nobody ever tells us that.
Yup, it's always fascinating to see what happens when the right-wing alternate universe is confronted with actual reality.

2.3 million across the border and released into the USA during the Biden Admin . FACT , not supposing .

4 million have been returned or expelled to their country of origin during the Biden Admin . FACT .

Thousands of people are flooding the border and getting to stay here , divide 2.3 million by 3 years of Biden Admin and you get @ 2,0000 per day .

Even WAPO said so .

U.S. released more than 2.3 million migrants at border since 2021, data show

Hi guys,

So, in keeping with the theme of 'who falls for this', the Grumpsters team held another fake rally. He paid a group of folks, although maybe not paid the individuals directly, $20,000 to set up a fake 'union shop' to hold up signs for all the dodo bird MAGA crowd. It's all a big show for him. He's like the writer for some game show and directing everyone to act in his show to 'represent' real people... but they aren't the real people that they are seeking to act like.

Let me guess. Who falls for this? MAGA~!~ They want a game show host to run the country. Sadly, he already got one chance and brought the country to a near civil war on the grounds of the Capitol.

God bless,
Ted

2.3 million across the border and released into the USA during the Biden Admin . FACT , not supposing .

4 million have been returned or expelled to their country of origin during the Biden Admin . FACT .

Thousands of people are flooding the border and getting to stay here , divide 2.3 million by 3 years of Biden Admin and you get @ 2,0000 per day .

Even WAPO said so .

U.S. released more than 2.3 million migrants at border since 2021, data show
Wow, someone should do something!

Too bad Donald is ordering Republicans to keep things as they are, so he has something to campaign on.

Hi guys,

So, in keeping with the theme of 'who falls for this', the Grumpsters team held another fake rally. He paid a group of folks, although maybe not paid the individuals directly, $20,000 to set up a fake 'union shop' to hold up signs for all the dodo bird MAGA crowd. It's all a big show for him. He's like the writer for some game show and directing everyone to act in his show to 'represent' real people... but they aren't the real people that they are seeking to act like.

Let me guess. Who falls for this? MAGA~!~ They want a game show host to run the country. Sadly, he already got one chance and brought the country to a near civil war on the grounds of the Capitol.

God bless,
Ted
I saw that.

A fake "union rally" with fake "union members" at a fake "union shop". IOW, another scam by the Donald.

You'd think the sheer number of frauds and scams perpetrated by Donald would be a problem for Christians, but then it's important to remember the existence and persistence of televangelists, such as Jim Bakker. He too had a lengthy history of frauds and scams and even went to prison for it. But as soon as he got out he resurrected his ministry and started scamming people again. And guess who keeps throwing their money at him?

Sean Hannity and the case of the sawdust ‘cocaine’

The article covers a bit of background and includes some (IMO) unnecessary diversions, so I'll just sum it up.

When Hunter Biden was in counseling for his drug problems, his counselor emailed him an image of a framed photo another patient had sent him. The other patient was a woodworker with a cocaine problem and the counselor had told him that a good way to kick coke is to focus on woodworking. The woodworker did just that and sent the following pic that the counselor forwarded to Hunter B. with a message....

imrs.php

Okay, that's pretty benign, right? Ah, but what did Hannity do? Well, from the article...

"In a segment focused on elevating questions about the alleged corruption and illegality of the Biden family, he put the image of the cocaine/sawdust lines on-screen.

“Lawyers for [President Biden’s] son, Hunter, just had to explain in court, a filing, that this photo — take a look at this photo right here. Look at that photo, from his phone, that the government, prosecutors claimed show lines of cocaine. That’s what the government prosecutors are saying,” Hannity said. “They’re saying” — that is, Hunter’s legal team — “that’s sawdust. Take a good look at sawdust lined up in perfect little lines. Take a close look. Does that look like sawdust to you? We’ll let you decide that.”
"

So here's the question. Is Hannity really that stupid? IMO the answer is no, he's not. Rather, he's counting on his viewers being dumb enough to believe this nonsense. And given the lack of fact-checking or correction from the right-wing, it appears that assumption proved accurate.

Back